Friday 3 August 2012

OPI Mad as a Hatter

This is a true Summer nail polish to me! :D
I love it! It glitters like crazy! Especially in the sun!
I know it's "old" but it's also discontinued and rare so I want to show it to you.
Maybe some one will get inspired and take it out from their nail polish storage ;)
What do you think...? Is it a golden oldie? :)

In sunlight. Look at all the glitter!!!

Multicoloured glitter!

The bottle in sunlight.


In the shade. Still very glittery! :)

GOOD TO KNOW:

Collection: Alice in Wonderland Spring 2011

Type of polish: Glitter, glitter, glitter! :D

Colour: Multicoloured glitter in a clear base. I see red, pink, green, gold and silver glitter in it!

Possible dupe: Silver Cascade from Barry M is a close match but not quite. I will do a comparison of the two so stay tuned! :)

Opacity: Hm... well... could have been better... This is four coats.

Drying time: Fast in the beginning, then slower as you add more coats.

Formula: Quite good actually. Not too thin and not too thick. But it smells really strong of acetone when wet! :/

Brush: Really good! Fairly thick and I like that! :)

Durability: Very good for a glitter polish but I guess this was enhanced by the fact that I had two coats of Seche Vite to smooth out the surfaces of the nails.

Shine: Very shiny! And glittery!

Accurate colour, photo vs IRL: Same.

Grade: 5/5 (what else?!) ;)

1 comment:

  1. Ciao bella! this is bellissimo! I only have a mini size of this and anly used it once. It's quite gorgeous under the sun. btw, i'm pretty sure this was released 2010 ;)
    baci, xxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!