Wednesday 5 March 2014

Ciaté Sweet Pea - swatches and review

The weeks are passing by so quickly! It's Green Wednesday again!

Today I've got a polish from Ciaté's new mini collection "Dolls House" (limited edition). This collection consists of five pale pastels with a, what Ciaté calls powdery textured finish. They all look pretty and I wanted to do a skittle manicure with all of them :) But here is the pale mint green one called Sweet Pea. The first two pics are with the original matte finish and the third one is with a top coat.

With a top coat

GOOD TO KNOW:

Type of polish: Matte cream.

Number of coats: Two.

Formula: Hm, I will try not to write a novel here ;) This polish needs to be applied with an ultra light hand to avoid brush strokes and it easily gets bald spots. Sweet Pea gets matte instantly when applied. Literally within seconds! It doesn't dry instantly though but it sure dries quickly! It has good opacity even though it's so pale.

Brush: Medium straight cut and really soft for a mini brush.

Top Coat: No (only on third picture). 

Color accuracy in pictures: Accurate. 

Grade: As matte 1/5, as shiny 3/5

To me the powdery textured finish means a matte cream and it was great fun to try it. However, I will not use it as matte but as shiny it's actually quite pretty :) I've also done a pretty nail art with Sweet Pea which I will show you soon ;)

How do you like Sweet Pea?
Do you like matte creams?

9 comments:

  1. I like this polish and for once I actually like it better without topcoat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mja..nu har jag sett flera från denna kollektion och jag är inte imponerad, matt är fint och pastell är fint iofs. Det märks att de är lite svårapplicerade (inte mycket men det ligger ju inte helt jämt på nageln) men jag kan liksom inte låta bli att tänka att man lika gärna skulle kunna ta en vanlig pastell och sen helt enkelt ta ett matt topplack ovanpå.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color and its good to know it dries matte too. I think it would look better with a top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice colour and I like it better without topcoat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Färgen är fin men finishen funkar inte på mig...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi doll, what a cool idea by Ciate to do pastel mattes!!! I have to admit I really like what I have seen so far and found the doll house today at a quite reasonable price. To me it screams dotticures or stamping or nailart base in general. I want to of course try it with my Wax Finish Top Coat!!! Anyhoo lovely and very springy :-) - viele Küsschen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jag fick det ljuslila Poppet istället, men jag tycker nog att Sweet Pea ser finare ut! Jag gillar finishen på dem, den ser verkligen ut som tavelkrita! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mja... Färgen är det inget fel på och med topplack blir det ju rätt trevligt, men jag är inte så imponerad av matta lack generellt och de här är så extremt matta. De är säkert coola och så på någon annan men jag är tveksam för egen del. Men det var jag med struktur också.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Formulan verkar väldigt tvivelaktig på dessa. Synd, för det är ju en spännande idé. Vi får väl se om det kommer fler lack i samma stil med mer finslipad finish...

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!